I came up with this fun topic one day as I scrolled through IG (hey! follow me yo!)
So what did I noticed?
I saw a trendy feed of lavish southern ladies (specifically southern state ladies, who are self-proclaimed southern) sharing specific traits.
Now I mean absolute no harm or will-ill in this post. If you are the epitome of a good ol’ southern belle, then by all means work it!
But as someone who was raised, and currently lives, in the South, I find it interesting how I’m not a southern wildflower.
Let’s glance at my entertaining list of the many ways I’m not like a southern woman.
- I don’t have big blonde bouncy curls
- I don’t have a southern accent (people around here actually thought I was foreign)
- I loathe pet names, especially sweety, hon, girly
- I avoid the Hallmark channel and romance movies like the plague
- I’m not superduper friendly or chatty
- If I had to perform an exorcism, I’d play country music
- I’m not diabetically sweet
- I refuse to say “bless your heart”
- I think Chick-Fil-A is overrated (I’m sorry it’s true!)
- If I had to spend the rest of my life listening to Garth Brooks, I’d choose death.
So what are your thoughts on this little list?
Anyone else here afflicted with living in the south yet are the opposite? I’d love to hear your thoughts!