Life is hard. I don’t mean that in the cliche kind-of-way, but it’s true. As soon as you get ahead and take a breather, the universe throws another meteor at your head.
You know, the meteor? The one wiping out the dinosaurs and causing a mass extinction 65 millions years ago.
Well life is the same way (maybe less dramatic and catastrophic?)
One minute your moving into your new apartment, all excited and full of hope, and the next you end up gulping and chewing down a few roaches in your hot coco because they think you need new roommates.
True story. I still can’t drink hot coco anymore.
While life may throw you one, you can throw one back at life.
How? Below I created a list of 5 simple rules to live by for a happy fulfilled life. So regardless if you swallowed a few roaches ( I promise they don’t taste too terrible), you can still sit back and smile at the craziness.
5 Simple Rules for a Happy Life
- Don’t assume anything or create stories in your head until you have evidence. More than likely it’s in your head and just ask.
2. Make a decision and make it the right one. There’s no right or wrong ones. Take the pressure off yourself and know your life will continue if it’s wrong.
3. Live below your means, save, and spend on experience. Don’t impress or try to keep up with the Jones. No one cares, and I can assure you they’re more miserable.
4. Happiness and love are not fleeting feelings. They’re actions and choices you make everyday. So don’t worry if you don’t feel butterflies and fireworks 24/7 (honestly it’s an extremely high infatuation).
5. Have fun and free yourself of dogmas. Life is too short, make the most of it and truly experience it. Too many people let shame and dogmas control and rule their life.
So why am I telling you all this? Why do I care how you live your life?
Look, I’ve witness people living in misery because they focus on the negatives in life. And honestly, those people have the most.
I don’t want you to live in shame, misery, “obedience”, or constant stress and worry. I’ve been there. It’s not fun nor is it adding years to life. If someone sat down with me and went through this list, I could’ve avoided many heartaches and stress.
So what do you think of this list? Do you agree or disagree? What would you add? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!