So what’s not on fire these days?
Every time I turn around a new city, new country, or an entire continent is on fire.
It’s disturbing seeing our planet in great distress, yet I feel hopeless watching her die.
I don’t care about politics or debates. They only cause division and warfare, ignoring the real problem at hand. I don’t care if you think climate change is not real or caused by human hand. But I think we’re all in agreement our mother Earth is important and needs our assistance.
Whether we like it or not, humans are devastating our planet. We’re constantly littering the homes of species, creating never-ending pollution, and destroying the soils and grounds of our planet with endless highways, fracking, mining, and overuse of farming.
The problem is no one’s caring or helping the state of our home. People are afraid of the sacrifice or the work, worrying it’ll interfere with their quality of life.
Sure, some sacrifice and work is needed for change. Everything good and honorable is always hard at first, but it doesn’t have to be like that.
Below I listed 10 baby steps you can do, helping our environment without re hauling your life around.
10 Baby Steps to Help the Environment
- Donate your clothes and thrift (clothes generate one of the largest world’s waste)
- Switch to reusable copper straws and bring your own reusable tumblers or cups
- Dedicate time picking up trash in your neighborhood or parks
- Buy less things or products in general (save on money too)
- DON’T LITTER YOUR TRASH!!
- Cut out buying delivery or meals to go
- Ride your bike, walk, carpool, or take public buses
- Plant trees and plants in your neighborhoods or yards while leaving the rest of nature alone (not picking flowers or stepping on untouched land)
- Donate to local climate groups and spread the word on social media
- Use less paper towels and toilet paper in general
If you want to do more here’s a list of 10 bold ways to help the environment
10 Bold Ways to Help the Environment
- Reach out to your city, state, and federal representatives for environment laws
- Ditch your car completely
- Start a protest or environmental group in your community for awareness
- Live off the grid and not rely on human-made plastics and products
- Get involved in a mass planting project
- Only use recycled items that are reusable and biodegradable
- Get involved picking up trash on highways and parks several times a month
- Help animals devastated by litter and pollution
- More extreme, but have smaller families or no kids (More humans on earth mean more fossil fuels, more highways, cars, food consumption, and more waste and littering)
- Buy homes and products already existing versus building new on untouched land
I wish I could claim I was doing all the above. In fact I’m terrible about following the baby steps. I’m trying for more change in my life as well because all talk and no action doesn’t solve anything.
I get it, it’s hard. We harm without thinking about it, or even aware of the consequences. I created this list for the average person (including myself). My goal is as a whole we can improve the world.
Baby steps are where it’s at.
So what do you think of this post? Do you have anything to add?